Nisha’s Thick Egg Sauce Crab Curry
A fabulous recipe by Nisha Ayub.
This is my own recipe of crab curry with thick egg sauce that I cook for my loved ones. You can taste both Malay and Indian influences in this simple recipe.
3 big onions
5 cloves of garlic
2 cm of ginger
2 tablespoons of dried shrimps
Ground spice curry mix
5 tablespoons of meat curry powder
2 tablespoons of ground coriander
2 tablespoons of chili powder
1 tablespoon of ground cumin (jintan putih)
1 tablespoon of ground fennel seeds (jintan manis)
Few long slices of green and red chilies
Few sprig of curry leaves
Few star anise
1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
2 eggs beaten with some water
3 big crabs
Salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste
Few tablespoons of cooking oil
2 cups of water
Few sprigs of coriander leaves for garnish
- Firstly, fry the blended paste together with curry leaves until fragrant.
- Then, add in the spices and ground spice mix.
- When oils surfaces, add the crabs, chilies, oyster sauce and water.
- Season it with salt and sugar.
- Bring it to the boil.
- When the crab is cooked, add in the eggs while stirring it to avoid the eggs from getting clumpy.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves before serving.
Nisha Ayub is a transgender activist. She is also the Project Director for SEED Malaysia and has recently just opened the first ever transgender home in Malaysia.